Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day

I love the July Holiday’s! Pioneer Day is a lot more fun since we bought our home just a block from Liberty Park and the Days of 47 parade route. Every year we have a big breakfast at our home and then we all head down to the parade.
Here is Emery and Grandma Kay getting ready to go to the parade.
Here is some of our parade going group...
and here is the other half.
This was Emery’s first July 24th and she had a ball! She is such a good baby and will go to anyone that wants to hold her.
Here is Lance's brother Blake. He attends all of our get togethers in hopes of making the blog. Here he is just relaxing in the shade next to his beautiful wife, Amy! My mom makes sure that she arrives early so she can eat and then save our secret spot in the shade. Thanks mom!
My parents always have my family over for dinner. Here is a picture of Emery and her cousin, Owen.
Lance's Dad loves fireworks just like Lance does. He has an annual dinner at the mortuary and then a wonderful firework show that follows. (Lances family owns Jenkin-Soffe mortuary if you are wondering why we get together at a mortuary.)


Here we are getting ready for the firework show.

Here is Simone and Grandma Soffe enjoying the fireworks together!
Happy Pioneer Day!

9 comments:

mikelle said...

Looks like fun! I love Emery's big smile with Grandma Kay! And that face she's making when she's next to her cousin Owen is too funny! She's such a doll! Have I mentioned I miss her?

Amy said...

Okay...I know I keep saying this, but Emery looks JUST LIKE YOU!!! Especially when she smiles! I love it!

Simone said...

Thanks for having us over Adri...you are very kind! Love all the 24th pictures, we really did have a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of Blake the best. Only he could get away with a shot like that on a family blog. Maybie next time you could be a little more G Rated Blake. He has just not been the same since his Alaksa trip......I don't know why he has changed so much.

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

You guys are such a cute little family! Emery is such a chunk, I love IT!!

Amy said...

Lance and Adri, Breakfast was awesome. It is very nice of you to have everyone over and to share the greatest parade spot ever! Thanks again! AS

The Gag-nears said...

Adri, looks like you guys had pioneer day funness! I still haven't thanked you properly for the visit and the diapers and outfit. You are the best and I am so glad I moved to Utah to know you. Thanks for always being so nice to me - you were an answer to prayers that day- thanks.

Unknown said...

She is TOO stinking adorable in that hat...and your hair...oh man I am still so in love with it.

Anonymous said...

What an adventure! It was so fun to see you guys. It seems like since Emery was born, you guys have been so busy. We totally understand cause kids did that to us. But we miss seeing you as much as we used to. We need to do dinner soon.