Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two Months Old

Emery is now two months old. I can’t believe how fast it has gone having her around. She is so much fun and I am so blessed to have such a wonderful baby!

Emery went to her two month well child check today. She is very healthy so far and is doing great. She is currently 12 lbs 6 oz (84%) and 24 inches (95%). She is growing so fast and has been such a fun baby. She is smiling more and more and is nice enough to let her mom and dad sleep for about 6 hours straight at night. (Knock on wood!!!)

Emery had to get some immunizations today at her check up. That is such a sad thing for a parent to have to watch. Emery was smiling at the nurse right before the shots. Then that happy face quickly changed to a huge frown along with crying and tears. Emery seemed okay shortly after the doctor and fell asleep for quite a while. The doctor warned me that she might be fussy and may need some Tylenol. I didn’t think much of it until she woke up from her nap screaming. She has never cried like that before and when I picked her up I could tell that it just made it worse. Thanks to Jamie, coworker who gave me a wonderful baby shower gift, I had some Tylenol drops handy. Emery is now back to smiling, at least until she needs more of the Heaven sent Tylenol.

9 comments:

Ross and Aubrey said...

Gotta love Tylenol! Those shots are no fun.
She's getting so big!

mikelle said...

Emery is so cute and SO big! 95%? Wow! And I love that shirt, so true!

I can't believe how well she's smiling for the camera. Last week she wasn't doing that! That last one is adorable!

That's so sad to hear about her shots. :( Good thing the Tylenol helped! She's such a good girl and you guys are doing a great job with her. Keep up the good work! Love ya!

Amy said...

I love when they start smiling!!! She is so cute!

Breakfast at the Zemke's said...

I can't believe how smiley she is! She's so stinkin cute, I miss her! And you guys too haha!

Grandmakicki said...

Yes those shoots are bad, but they sure do hurt the mom's more. I think we do not like to see our child get the shots, but we know it is for the best.

Simone said...

She's the cutest baby I've ever seen. I can't wait to hold her again. Does she miss me?

Anonymous said...

I hate shot days. I agree, I hate when anything causes my children pain. Tylenol is heaven sent! Carson figured out early on what the doctors office was and what that meant. Eventually he would just start crying the minute we walked in.

Nourishing Creations said...

She is smiling to early, it's great! It took us so long to finally catch smiles on the camera- Jade would just stare once she saw the camera. Emery is a good photo shoot baby and very happy for mom and dad!
She is so big! It's wonderful! Jade didn't weigh 12 pounds until her 4 month appt! (25%ile) lol! They'll be the same size in no time!

Anonymous said...

Shes so cute . But I do hate shots.